【To those who apply for the entrance examination of the graduate school】Measures in response to the COVID-19 infections for R 3 (2021) entrance examination (Fall Enrollment), R4 (2022) entrance examination (Summer schedule, Fall schedule & Spring schedule)
2021. 7. 6
To those who apply for the entrance examination of the graduate school
Measures in response to the COVID-19 infections for R 3 (2021) entrance examination (Fall Enrollment), R4 (2022) entrance examination (Summer schedule, Fall schedule & Spring schedule)
In response to the COVID-19 infections, the Graduate School of the International Studies and Regional Development of the University of Niigata Prefecture takes the following measures for its R3 (2021) entrance examination of Fall Enrollment (to be held on July 31, 2021), R4 (2022) entrance examination of Summer schedule (to be held on July 31, 2021), Fall schedule (to be held on December 4, 2021) and Spring schedule (to be held on January 30, 2022):
1 Response to the infection (The General Selection)
Regarding the general selection, please be aware of the following points: If the examinee has a designated infectious disease including COVID-19 infection and has not yet been cured, or if the public health sectors determine that the examinee is a close contact with people tested positive in COVID-19 infection right before the exam day, or the examinee continues to have fever, cough before the exam day, or has a fever of 37.5 degree or higher on the exam day, the examinee will not be allowed to take the entrance examination.
2 Special measures for those who cannot take the exam due to the influence of COVID-19 infection (All types of the exam)
We will implement the following special measures for examinees who cannot take the examination due to the influence of the COVID-19.
- Summer Schedule（to be held on July 31, 2021; to Enroll in Fall semester）
If you are absent from the exam due to the COVID-19 infection, we will carry out a makeup exam as follows.
Exam day August 10 (Tuesday), 2021
Announcement of examination results August 18 (Wednesday), 2021
Period to complete enrollment procedures August 30 (Monday)～September 3 (Friday), 2021
- 【Summer Schedule】【Fall Schedule】【Spring Schedule】
If the examinees are absent due to the influence of the COVID-19 infection, they can take the next exam of the same type as follows. In that case, it is not required to re-pay the examination fee and re-submit the application documents.
【Summer Schedule】（to be held on July 31, 2021）→ December 4 (Saturday), 2021
【Fall Schedule】（to be held on December 4, 2021）→ January 30 (Sunday), 2022
【Spring Schedule】（to be held on January 30, 2022）→ March 5 (Saturday), 2022
If you wish to take the makeup exam or transfer the examination to the next schedule, please apply as follows. Details regarding the transfer of examination dates will be notified individually to the examinees.
Request period: We will notify you by enclosing it in the examination ticket.
Application method: Contact the Admissions Office of the university by telephone.
Application by agents is also acceptable. TEL.025-270-1311
If you wish to take the makeup exam, you need to submit a “medical certificate (specifying the treatment period)” issued by a medical institution. However, we will inform you of the necessary documents for your makeup exam when you are a close contact with people tested positive in COVID-19. Details of the makeup exam or the transfer of the examination schedule will be notified individually.
3 About prevention and physical condition management (All types of the exam)
- Measure your body temperature in the morning. Wear a mask when you go out. Wash your hands, gargle, and take other infection prevention measures, and try to manage your physical condition.
- If you have a fever, cough, or other symptoms near the test date, be sure to visit a medical institution and receive appropriate treatment.
4 On the exam day (The General Selection)
- On the exam day, please bring and wear a mask to prevent infection.
- On the exam day, you can find sanitizers at the venue, so please disinfect your hands first after entering the facility. Also, please disinfect your fingers every time you enter or leave each exam room.
- Please refrain from contact and conversation with others during breaks, during the time while you are having lunch or entering or leaving the venue, etc.
5 Others (All types of the exam)
- The website of the graduate school will inform you if there are updates.
- Be sure to check the latest information on the graduate school website before applying and taking the examination.
- If you enter Japan from overseas to take the exam, due to the measures to prevent the spread of the COVID-19, you will not be allowed to take the exam during the self-quarantine period after entering Japan. Please consider carefully the exam schedule before entering Japan.
＜Please contact the Admissions Office for inquiry＞
〒950-8680 The Admissions Office, the University of Niigata Prefecture.
471, Ebigase, Higashiku, Niigata City, Niigata